Excerpts from Fire Chief’s December 2016 Report:
- 51 alarms for the month of December was almost double the typical month. SFD personnel were able to process and mitigate all of these alarms appropriately. Mutual aid was certainly necessary, but no alarms were “turfed”.
- On December 23, a total of eight alarms were responded to for the day. During the late evening snow that occurred this day, SFD responded to multiple simultaneous alarms including a crash on the highway, a ten car incident at 22 mile and Algoma, and a chimney fire on Solon Road.
- FF Schievink received his state MFR license and adds a valuable resource for our primary alarm response. Congratulations Matt!
- SFD finished the year with 12 alarms that received mutual or automatic aid from our neighboring fire departments. SFD finished the year with two alarms that SFD responded to our neighboring fire departments to provide assistance.
- In early December, SFD was awarded a grant request that was submitted in midsummer for the acquisition of a surplus Department of Defense vehicle (Freightliner M915 semi‐truck with a Cummins 400 HP motor) from the MI‐DNR. The purpose of this request was to possibly have a local vendor build up a Tender/Pumper truck at a considerable savings. This truck value is listed as $ 75,000 dollars. A pick up date of January 3 as been confirmed. More to follow next month.
- FF Colborn and FF Hunt provided station coverage for two days during DC Paige’s vacation/holiday leaves.
- Two personnel performed Individual Training Time (ITT) during the month of January.
- A purchase agreement was confirmed with Genesis Rescue Tools for the new tools and delivery is expected the first week of February.