Solon Township has a Community Room space available for rent by adult residents of our Township only. Please review the rules and check the following links for information:
Check Available Room Dates
Rent the Community Room
Community Room Rental Rental Agreement 2020
- The fee of $90.00 (rental cost of $50.00 plus $40.00 COVID-19 surcharge) is payable immediately when the reservation is made.
- The security deposit shall be $150.00, which shall be paid on or before the access card to the Community Room is picked up.
Rules Governing Use of Township Community Room
- Renter must be an adult resident of the Township. The Renter agrees to be present at the Community Room during the entire time the Community Room is being used.
- Rental is for allotted time only, which shall include set up and clean up. Set up and clean-up will not be on the day before or the day after.
- Room capacity is 250, seating capacity is limited to 125. The Township furnishes tables and chairs. The wooden meeting table cannot be moved and may be used for food service ONLY if covered with plastic. DO NOT ALLOW YOUR PATRONS TO STAND OR SIT ON TABLES – THEY WILL COLLAPSE AND/OR BREAK!!
- Renter must supply all paper products, dishes, serving and eating utensils. A warming oven, refrigerator, and microwave oven are available for use.
- All chairs and round tables must be returned to storage location. Rectangular tables should be left out.
- Community Room, including kitchen, restrooms and entry areas must be cleaned and left in the same or better condition in which it was found. Stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator are to
be wiped cleaned; all floors swept and damp mopped (with water and vinegar only) to remove all spills and tracks. Prints, smudges and dirt are to be cleaned from all glass surfaces (i.e. doors &
- All trash must be deposited in the dumpster north of the building. INCLUDING BATHROOM TRASH!
- If minors are present during the rental period, the Renter shall provide a proper number of chaperones to be present and oversee the minors’ use of the premises while they are on Township property.
- The Township’s business offices and designated “non-public” areas are absolutely off limits, and the Renter shall ensure that no one enters into these areas.
- The Renter must conduct his or her function and use of the Community Room and associated Township property in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- The Renter is responsible for the conduct of all persons who enter the Township property during the rental period.
- The Renter acknowledges that he/she is aware that the Community Room and surrounding area (with the exception of the restrooms) are monitored by closed circuit recording devices.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcoholic beverages on the Township property, including the Community Room, is strictly prohibited.
- No use of any flammable or hazardous material, including fireworks, is allowed on the Township property, including the Community Room.
- Hot objects, such as cookware or warming trays, shall not be placed directly on tables or counter tops.
- No tacks, adhesive material or tape is to be used on the walls. Non-marking poster putty may be used. No decorations with glitter are to be used in the community room.
- Absolutely nothing allowed to be attached to ceiling. Acoustic material is very fragile – and expensive.
- Renter will be held responsible for costs of emergency personnel response to false fire alarms.
Questions about our Community Room can be directed to: